If you are a professional piano player – or want to be – this amazing application from Native Instruments is going to blow your mind away. This wonderful tool joins three of the most famous and high quality grand pianos – or at least their sound and essence – for you to have them right in your personal computer. We are talking about the Steinway D™, Bechstein D 280™ and Boesendorfer 290 Imperial™. Of course nothing is free and you’re going to pay for this application something around three hundred bucks but did you think how much would you pay if you wanted the three grand pianos? Believe me, a lot more than that.
AKOUSTIK PIANO is the perfect tool for you whether if you are a piano student, professional player of amateur since it covers the entire range of piano sounds and styles. You can use it in recording studios, rehearsal rooms, schools, stages or clubs.
What you get with AKOUSTIC PIANO is authenticity. Is a top of the list emulator for grand pianos and you’ll feel like you were playing a real piano, always tuned, always in good shape. If you think about it’s something like that since its sounds have been recorded from the actual pianos with the latest recording technology and microphones available in the market. The result judge it by yourself but it’s an exquisite sound quality.
One of the most important aspects of playing piano is the keys, its weight and sensitive are critical for the experimented player. AKOUSTIK PIANO plays and responds just like real pianos. The keys were sampled taking much care of sustain and release phases. Another important aspect is the use of pedals which is very well emulated by this application.
The surroundings where a piano is being played is as important as the piano itself. That’s why AKOUSTIK PIANO has a built-in ambient simulator representing the special characteristics of particular places as studios, jazz clubs, concert halls and many other.
Let’s take a look to the list of Top Features as they appear in the official web site of NI:
* Three famous grand pianos and one upright piano
* Exceptionally high sound quality including complete sustain and release phase
* Extremely intuitive and clearly structured user interface
* Integrated convolution module delivers controllable acoustics for four distinctive rooms: studio, jazz club, concert hall and cathedral
* Sophisticated and authentic emulation of the soft, sustenuto and sustain pedals
* Layer Morphing Technology ensures a consistent timbre and seamless velocity gradient
* Highly advanced audio engine including Direct from Disk (DfD) functionality
* Adjustable string resonance and mechanical noises of pedals and keys
* Integrated metronome, MIDI file player and recorder, export to WAV, flexible 3-band EQ and various tunings
* Keyboard dynamic range and velocity curve allows response to be adjusted to different master keyboards
If you want to feel how it sounds this unbelievable tool before you buy it you can listen to sound examples available as mp3 files on the web site. Unfortunately, there’s no trial version available.
If you decide to buy what you’re going to receive is 2 DVD and the user’s manual written in English, German, Spanish and French.
The system requirements are as follows:
Mac OS 10.4.x, G4 1.2 GHz, 512 MB RAM
Windows XP, Pentium/Athlon XP 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM
15 GB free disk space
- Available for Windows and Mac users
- Sample mp3 files to download
- Only commercial license available
- Not trial available